Friday, April 15, 2011

Potiphars Wife

Potiphars Wife


Now Joseph taken to Egypt and Potiphar an Egyptian official of the of the Egyptian King, Captain of the gurads purchased him from clan who brought him there. I Am was with Joseph prospering him in the house of his Egyptian master. His master saw that I Am was with him in everything I Am giving him success. Joseph found favor in his eyes and was put in charge of everything. From being put in charge of the house from then on because the Egyptian was blessed because of Joseph both in his house and in the fields. He left everything to Joseph and didn't worry about anything except what food to eat. Joseph was well built and good looking. So after a while the master's wife said 'Come and have sex with me' He refused saying to his master's wife, 'Look my master doesn't worry about anything. He has put me in charge of everything in the house to look after. No one is more important in the house than I, there isn't anything which isn't my concern except you his wife. How could I do such a wicked thing, a terrible failure against God' Joseph said this day after day. He ignored her requests to have sex with her. There came a day when he went into the house to do something and there was no one there. She grabbed his cloak saying have sex with me, but he left his cloak in her hands and ran outside. When she saw he had abandoned his cloak in her hands and run outside she called the servants and said 'Look my husband purchased this Hebrew to laugh at us, he came to have sex with me, I screamed out loud. When he screamed he left his cloak and ran outside' She kept his cloak with her until his master came home. Then she told her version saying 'That Hebrew slave you purchased laughed at us, as soon as I screamed he left his cloak here and ran outside' When his master heard what his wife was saying 'This is what your slave did' he was Joseph and showed him kindness and favor in the eyes of the prison manager. The manager put Joseph in charge of all the prisoners who were held in the prison all that was happening, being done there. The prison manager was relaxed about everything becauce I Am was with Joseph giving him success. Sometime after that the King of Egypt's wine steward and the King's Master Baker upset the King. The king of Wegypt was angry with his two officials Chief Wine Steward and Master Baker. They were put under the supervision of the captain of the guards for the prison where Joseph was. The Captain charged Joseph with looking after them while they were there. The two of them had dreamed dreams both having their dreams the same night with each dreaming a meaning. The wine steward and master baker for the King of Egypt being held in prison .When Joseph came to them in the morning he saw they were discouraged. So he asked them, the King's officials who my were held as he was; 'Why are you looking sad today ?' They answered we dreamed a dream but there is no translator for us. Joseph said to them 'Translation ability belongs to God. Tell me your dreams. The chief wine steward told his dream to Joseph telling him 'In my dream the vine was in front of me and on the vine there were three branches. As soon as it had budded it flowered and then rippened and I took the grapes and put them into the Egyptian Kings cup which I had in my hand and then handed it to the King. ' This is the translation said Joseph 'The three branches are thrKing of three days, in three days the King will restore you to bewing head and you will put the cup into the King of Egypt's hand as you did before when you were his steward. But remember me (your translator-Ed) when everything turns out good and kindly mentioned me to the King of Egypt so that I can get out of this prison. You see I was abducted from the land of the Hebrews and I have not here for doing anything worthy of the depths.' When the Master baker saw a good translation he said to Joseph 'I too had a dream. Look three baskets were on my head and in the top basket was food for the King I had baked but the birds were eating from the basket on my head' Joesph said this is the translation. Thr\ee baskets is three days. Within three days Egypts King will take your head from you and hang you on a tree and the birds will eat your body. Now three days later was the King's birthday and he gave a feast for all his officials. He lifted the head of the chief wine stewards and the head of the master baker. The chief wine steward was restored so again he put the cup into the King's hand but the Master Baker he hanged just as Joseph had translated it! The Chief Wine Steward didn't remember Joseph, he forgot him. Two full years later the King of Egypt had a dream. Looking standing by the river Nile he looked and saw seven cows excellent condition, good weight gain grazing among the reeds. /Ands then he looked and saw seven more colming out of the Nile horrible condition thin, The thin horrible condition cows ate up the excellent condition good weight gain cows and the King woke up. He slept again and had a second dream. Looking he saw seven heads of grain growing on one stalk, good and fat ears of grain and looked up and saw seven h eads of King woke up from dream. In the morning upset, troubled he called his magicians and wise men and the King of Egypt told this dream but there was no one transating for the King of Egypt. The Chief Wine Steward spoke up saying to the King of Egypt. 'It's my fault Ive just remembered today! When you King were angry with me and put me into the care of the captain of the guards as well as the master baker we both hade dreams the same night. Each dream had a meaning. Now there was a young man a Hebrew servant of the captain of the guards. We told him the dream and he translated for us interpreting each of our dreams. It happened just as he had translated. I had my position restored and he got hanged. So the King called up Joseph bringing him up from the depths. Shaved showered changed into good clothes he came before the King. The King said to Joseph 'I dreamt a dream but there is not transaltor bu of the Nilt I heard about you today and that you translate dreams. Joseph replied to the King 'I don't know how to translate (I agree with you-Ed) but God answers excellently for the King. Then the King said to Joseph. In my dream looking standing by the banks of the Nile I looked and saw seven cows excellent condition good weight gain grazing in the reeds. And then I looked and saw seven cows coming from the Nile horrible condition and the thin horrible cond ition cows ate up the excewllent condition good weight gain cows that came first they still after they had eaten them you couldn't tell because they had the same horrible condition as at the start and then I woke up. Then I had a dream and looking saw seven heads of grain growing on a stalk fat full ears of grain and then looking saw seven heads of gain thin burnt by the east wind sprouting. Then the heads of grain swallowed up the full heads of grain. I told this to the magicians and wise men but there is no one to explain it to me. Joseph said to the King of Egypt; 'The seven excellent cows are seven good years and the seven full heads of grain are are seven good years, the dreams are the same. The seven cows thin and horrible coming after them are seven years. The head of grains the useless ones burnt by the east wind they are seven years of famine. This as I said to you King is what God has shown you (So now God is doing the translating -Ed ) as King. Seven abundant great years are coming followed by seven years of famine. The great abundance will be forgotten, all the abundance of Egypt when famine wrecks the land. The abundance will not be remembered because the famine will be just sao bad very serious. The dream is repeated twice for the King because God has decided to do it soon. Now the Egyptian King should get wise men clear thinking men and put them over Egypt. The King of Egypt should appoint governors over the land to take 20% of the harvest in the abundant years and store grain under the Kings authority kept in the cities, kept in reserve for the nation in seven years of famine that will come so Egypt will not be destroyed by famine. The plan looked excellent to the Egyptian King and to his officials. The King asked them 'Can we find anyone like this who has the spirit of God in him ?' Then the Egyptian King said to Joseph 'Since God has shown you all this understanding and wisdom so you shall be the one over my palace and people only my throne is greater. So the King of Egypt said to Joseph 'Look I'm putting you in charge of all of Egypt.' The King of Egypt took his seal and gave it to Joseph, gave him robes of fine cloth and a gold chain around his kneck. He had him ride in chariot second only to , so they did this and they said to him 'Sir' This is how he was put in charge of Egypt. Then the King of Egypt said to Joseph 'I Am the King but without you no one will lift a hand or a foot in all Egypt. The King gave Joseph the named Zaphenath Paneah giving him Asnarth daughter of Potiphera a priest from On as his wife. Joseph was over all Egypt. Joseph was 30 years old when he began to serve in the presence of the King of Egypt and he went out from the King and travelled all over. For seven years the land produced abundant quantites collected and stored in the cities with each city taking from the surrounding area. Joseph stored grain like it was the sand of the seashore. So much that they stopped keeping records it was beyond calcualtion. Before the famine he had two sons as Asenath daughter of Pherapoti preist of On gave birth to them,. Joseph called the first born Manaseh-Forget; because God has made me forget all my troubles and the name of the second born was Ephraim-fruitfull because God has made me fruitful in the land of my suffering. The seven abundant years ended in Egypts lands. Famine was throughout Egypt and the people petitioned the King for food. The King of Egypt told the Egyptians 'Go to Joseph he will tell you what to do' When the famine was widespread and complete throughout the country Joseph opened up and sold to the Egyptians for the famine was sever and the land of Egypt. All the world came to Egypt to buy food from Joseph for it was an international disaster.



No comments:

Post a Comment