Thursday, March 3, 2011

John 7

After that Jesus was walking in Galilee He didn’t want to go for a walk in Judea because the Jews wanted to kill him. It was approaching the time of the feast of Jewish Tabernacles. His brothers said to him, you should leave here and go to Judea so that your followers can see the things that you do because no one does things in secret if he wants publicity. You should let the whole world see. His brothers didn’t believe in him. Jesus said to them ‘My time has not yet come but any time is OK for you. Civilisation cannot hate you but it hates me because I report (Good translation-Ed) what it does is evil . You go up to the feast, I’m not going yet because the time hasn’t been completed yet. Say that he stayed in Galilee. After his brothers had left he as well went to the feast privately. The Jews were searching for him at the feast asking ‘Where is he’. There quiet discussion about him among the people. Some said ‘He is a good man’ Others no he deceives the people’ But no one had a public opinion because of the fear of the Jews. When the feast was half way Jesus went to the temple and taught. The Jews were amazed and commented ‘How is it this person knows this yet hasn’t formally studied ? He answered them Jesus said ‘ My teaching is not mine but he who sent me. Anyone who has his authority will know whether or not it is from God or just from me. He that is seeking his own triumph is contrasted by those who are seeking the triumph of the one who sent him. He is genuine and not dishonest at all. Didn’t Moses give us the Rule (Torah-Ed) No one keeps the Rule, why do you plan to kill me? The people answered; ‘Your demonic- who is saying that they want to kill you? Jesus answered saying to them. The things I did amaze you. Moses gave you circumcision –not that it was Moses but your ancestors and you circumcise even on the Sabbath. If someone is circumcised on the Sabbath, to avoid breaking the rule why then are you angry because I have a man healed on the Sabbath ? Don’t judge on sight but on what is right. Some of the people of Jerusalem said ‘Isn’t this the man they plan to kill / He speaks in public and they are saying nothing. Honestly don’t the rulers know that he is The Anointed ? But we know this man and where he comes from. When The Anointed comes no one will know where he comes from. Shouting loud Jesus said ‘So you know where I come from, but I haven’t come on my own volition. He sent me but you don’t know him for I Am sent me. They were planning to grab him but no one laid hands on him because it wasn’t his time. Many of the people believed on him and said The Anointed when he comes –will he do greater signs than he does ? The Pharisees heard that the people were quietly discussing about him, these things and sent the Pharisees and Chief priest officials in order to get him. Jesus said to them, ‘I’m only here a short time now with you but then you won’t find me because where I’m going you cannot come. The Jews said among themselves ‘Where is he going to go so we cannot find him ? surely he’s not going to to be a refugee in the Greek region to teach the Greeks ? What he mean ‘You will look for me but not find me. Where I go you cannot come ? On the last day of the great feast Jesus shouted out; ‘If anyone one is thirsty let him come to me and drink. He that believes on me as the Bible says “Rivers of living water from his heart (He said this about the spirit which those who believed were about to receive but which hadn’t because Jesus was not made triumphant) Many of the people who heard the word said ‘This is most definitely a prophet’ Others said ‘this is the Anointed’ And others said Since when can an anointed come from Galilee ? Doesn’t the Bible say that from the family line of David and from Beth Lehem the town of David the Anointed comes ? Dispute therefore among the people occurred because of him. Some wanted to take him but no one laid hands on him. The officers of the Chief Priest and Pharisees came. They were asked ‘Why haven’t you brought him ?’ no one talks like this man does the Pharisees said. ‘Are you taken in as well ? When has it been that any of the Pharisees and Chief Priest have believed in him...these people who don’t know The Rule are cursed. Now Nicodemus said to them (He previously had come at night to see Jesus) Our Rule judges an man only when we have heard him first and know what he does.They replied Are you also from Galilee ? Read the prophets and you will see that no prophets come from Galilee. Then they went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment