Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tactics

They turned again to do evil the descendants of Israel after Ehud died.I Am sold them into the hand of Jabin King of Canaan who ruled from Hazor. His army general was Sisera and he lived in Harosheth Haggoyim. (The descendants of Israel cried out to I Am.) He had 900 chariots of iron and he oppresed the descendants of Israel badly for 20 years. Deborah a woman prophet wife of Lappidoth. She lead Israel at that time. Under the palm tree between Ramah and El Beth in the region of Ephraim came the descendants of Israel for advice. she sent for Barak son of Abinoam living at Kedesh, in the tribe of Naphtali. She said to him, 'Didn't I Am God of Israel tell you to go and lead at Mt Tabor taking 10,00 from Naphtali and Zebulun with you and I will lure to you to the Kishon river Sisera army general of Jabin, his army and chariots and deliver them into your hand ? Barak replied to her. 'If you go with me then I will but if you don't then I won't' she said I will go with you but you will have no honor. I Am will give Sisera into the hand of a woman. Deborah went with Barak to Kedesh. Barak called up Zebulun, Naphtali at Kadesh 10,000 men followed him and Deborah. Now Heber the Kenite had left the other Ken fron the descendants of Habab bother in law of Moses and pitched his (Arab-Ed) tent by the great tree at Zaanannim near Kedesh. when they told sisera that Barak son of Abinoam was gone to Mt Tabor sisera assembled his 900 chariots of iron and all his people from Harosheth Haggoyim and headed for the Kisho river. Deborah said to Barak. 'Go because today I Am has given sisera into your hand. Has not I Am gone ahead. Barak went dwon from Mt Tabor with his 10,000 men and I Am defeated sisera and all his chariots and army by the sword. sisera left his chariot and army and ran away. but Barak came after the chariots and army to Harosheth Haggoyim. All of sisera's army fell to the sword and no one was left. sisera had taken of on foot and came to the tent of Jael wife of Haber the Ken. they had friendship with Jaban king of Hazor between them ad the family of Heber of Ken. Jael went out and to meet Sisera and invited him in (Arabic hospitality-Ed) Come in don't be afraid. So he entered the tent and she covered him with a blanket. He said give me a drink i'm thirsty so she gave him a drink of milk and promised to stand guard. If someone comes and asks for me say I'm not here. Jael wife of Heber took a tent peg and drove the peg through his forehead into the ground while he slept in exhaustion. He died. Barak came chasing Sisera and Jael went out to meet him and said come and I will show you the man you are looking for. He went in with her seeing Sisera lying dead with the tent peg through his forehead. That day God subdues Jabin King of Hazor of Canaan for the descendants of Israel. Israel grew stronger against Jabin King of Canaan until they destroyed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment