Saturday, March 5, 2011

Old man gets a wife

Now Boaz went to the gates of the town and sat there. Seeing the person with the right of repossession coming (whom Boaz had spoken about) he said Come here and sit down. The acquaintance sat down. And Boaz gathered 10 town elders and asked them to sit as well. He said to ‘repossession’ Naomi has returned from Moab and is seling the land of Elimelech our relative. I thought i should tell you and suggest that you buy it in the presence of those sitting here our elders. If you will buy back then buy back if not buy back then tell me and so i will know because after you I can buy back. He said ‘I will buy back’ Then Boaz said ‘The day you buy the land from Naomi and from Ruth who is Moab you get the dead man’s wife in order to continue the name of the dead on the land. Repossession then said ‘I cannot buy back’ because it puts my other holdings in danger. You buy back because I cannot buy back. Now back then in Israel to buy back transfer business a man took off his shoe and gave it to the other to make it final in Israel . Repossession saying to Boaz ‘Buy it’ took off his shoe. Boaz then told the elders and all the people witnesses that day. ‘I buy all that Elimelech, Kilon, Mahlon had from Naomi and Ruth as well from Moab Mahlon’s widow. I get her as wife so that the name of the dead will not disappear from his family or the town gate records. Today you are witnesses. Then the elders at the gate and everyone said; ‘We are witnesses, may I Am make the woman coming to your home like Rachel and Leah building up Israel. May you stand in Ephratah and your reputation be House of Bread (Bethlehem-Ed) May yopur family be like the family of Perez who (younger) Tamar birthed for Judah through the descendantds I Am gives you by this young woman. So Boaz took Ruth as his wife and went into her. I Am gave a conception and she produced a son. The woman said to Naomi Praise I Am who hasn’t left you without repossession. This day may your name be Israel. He is renewing your life keeping you in your old age. Your daughter loves you which is better than seven sons. Naomi took the baby in her lap adn cared for him. The woman living there said ‘Naomi has a son’ They called him obed father of Jesse father of David. The family tree is Perez. Perez father of Hezron, Hezron father of Ram, Ram father of Amminadab, Amminadab father of Nahshon, Nahson father of Salma, Salma father of Boaz, Boaz father of Obed, Obed father of Jesse, Jesse father of David.

No comments:

Post a Comment