Monday, February 28, 2011

Father of the Revolution Abu- Gael

+Now Samuel died and all Israel assembled and mourned him and buried him at Ramah. the David got up and moved into the desert of Paran. A man had land a Carmel who was seriously wealthy, he had 3,000 sheep a thousand goats and was sheep shearing at Carmel. His name was Nabal and his wife was Abigail, highly intelligent, beautiful but her husband was mean stroppy in his dealings a Calebite. In the desert David heard about the shearing of Nabal's sheep. So David sent ten lads. David said to them. Go to Carmel to Nabal greeting him with Sahlom (Peace). Tell him, 'Life and health to your house, life and health to you' I've heard that it is shearing. when your shepherds were with us they weren't mistreated in any way by us and nothing of theirs was taken all the time they were with us at Carmel. Ask them, they will tell you. show favor to us lads since we come at a time oc celebration. Now give whatsoever your hand would to your servants and your son David. David's men arrived and gave Nabal that message in David's name and waited. Nabal answered; 'Who is this David who is the son of Jesse. these days servants are rebelling from their masters. Should I take my bread, water, and meat that I have killed for my shearers and give it to men i don't know where they come from ? He turned David's men away and they went back arriving to tell all these words. David said to his men, Everyone put on your swords, so they put on their swords and David also put on his sword. They went with David about 400 men with 200 staying with the supplies. Abigail wife of Nabal was told by a servant; "Look David sent messengers to give our master his greeting but he insulted them. these me3n were good to us, didn't mistreat us and nothing of ours was taken at the time when we were with them herding sheep. Consider it and see what you can do for disaster is now heading for our master and his house. He is wicked and no one can talk to him. Abigail hurried and took 200 loaves of bread, five skins of wine, five butchered sheep, five sacks of musli, 200 portions of dried grapes, 200 of figs and loaded donkeys, then told her servants; Go ahead of me and I'm coming after you following along. But she didn't tell her husband Nabal. She was on a donkey descending a ravine and there was David and his men descending and she met them. David said 'What a waste of time watching over this man in the desert so that nothing was missed. He paid back with evil for good. May God deal with the enemies of David and more if by the morning I leave alive one able to piss against a wall. When Abigail saw David she quickly got off her donkey and fell face down before David falling at his feet. She said 'My Master let the blame fall on me and let me speak now your slave (amah) speak. May your ears hear words of your slave May not My Master think about the wicked man Nabal whose name literally means 'fool' but I your slave didn't see the men of My Master who you sent. Now My Master I Am lives, as you live because he has kept you from killing to avenge your hand. May they be like Nabal all your enemies who intend to harm you my master. Now accept this gift which your slave has brought to your My Master, may it be given to your men who followed you My Master. Forgive the insult of your slave for I Am he will make you, you My master an enduring family line for you fight the battles of I am. Let the no wrong doing be found in you in your life.
Though someone is chasing you to take you life, the life of My Master will be bound in a bundle of I Am your God while the life of your enemies, he will hurl like a stone from a sling shot. When I Am has done for My Master all he has promised all the good things and makes you leader of Israel, then My Master will not have a guilty conscience for the stumbling and staggering blood shed without reason having avenged himself. David said Praise I Am God of Israel who has sent you today to meet me. Blessed is your advice, blessed because you have kept me this day from blood shed avenging my hand. Or else by the Life of I Am God of Israel kept me from harm. You were quick in coming to meet me because by morning there would not have been left a single man who could piss against a wall. Then David accepted from her hand what she had brought him and said go home in peace. I have heard your request and granted it. When Abigail went to Nabal he was in the house with a banquet like a king. Nabal was happy and drunk so she told him nothing of the consequences until morning. Sober in the morning Nabal when his wife told him these things, his heart failed him and he had a stroke. For ten days like this struck by I Am and then Nabal died. David when he heard that Nabal had died said 'Praise I Am who held this insult from the hand of Nabal but kept his servant from getting it wrong, for the wrong of Nabal which I Am brought down upon his head Then David asked Abigail if she would be his wife. The servants of David went to Abigail at Carmel and said David has sent us to take you to him to be his wife. She rose bowed face down to the ground and said your slave is ready to wash the feet of the servants of My Master. Quickly Abigail rose got on the donkey with five of her servants loking after her and went with the angels (messengers-Ed OK you are right-paul) of David becoming his wife. He had married Ahinoam of Jezreel so they were both wives of David. But Saul had given Michel his daughter David's wife to Palti son of Laich from Gallim.

1 comment:

  1. This for me is hinge point in terms of my own relationship with My Master, i read a lot into this chapter and it ties together a lot of ideas coming in previous and following chapters.

    ReplyDelete